Home / Admissions / Disclosure
MANUAL / INFORMATION IN PURSUANCE OF SECTION 4(1) (b)OF THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005 GENERAL INDEX
The particulars of the organization, functions and duties.
The powers and duties of its officers and employees.
- The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
- Smoking, Consumption of Alcohol and Ragging, any political or immoral activity are strictly prohibited in or around the College premises.
- The rules, regulations, instructions manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
- A statement of the boards, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, committees and other bodies are open to the public.
- A directory of its officers and employees.
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form.
- Any false information on the Application Form may render the student liable to expulsion from the College.
- Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information.
In order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority and to empower the citizens to secure access to information under the control of each public authority, the Government of India brought out the Act, namely “The Right to Information Act, 2005” (Act) which came into force on 15.6.2005.
In accordance with the provisions of section 4(1) (b) of the Act, the Dr Muscu Madhusudan Reddy College of Physical Education has brought out this MANUAL for information and guidance of the general public. However, the citizen of India seeking information under Right to Information Act 2005 may apply for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 of the Act, which shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs.50/- by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque or postal order (IPO) payable to the Principal, Dr MMRCPE.
THE PARTICULARS OF ORGANIZATION, FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
College was established by the Muscu Anantha reddy charitable trust in the year 2012 and was named after the donor/patron. The main objective behind it was to uplift the stature of the Physical Education and sports in the local community. College is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University in Yadadri Bhuvanagiri Dist, Telangana State, India. Trust owns the property and it has the absolute powers to manage the college and the other activities. Hereafter the terms “college and institute” are inter changeable.
The objectives for which the Institute is established are:-
- To prepare highly qualified leaders in the field of Physical Education, Sports/Games and other Inter-Disciplinary subjects.
- To serve as a Centre of excellence and innovations in physical education and to undertake, promote and disseminate research and also publish literature in this field.
- To provide professional and academic leadership to other Institutions in the field of physical education if needed.
- To provide vocational guidance and placement service to the people in this field (v) To promote mass participation in physical education activities.
- To undertake extramural studies, extrusion/extension programs and out reach activities to contribute to the development of Society.
- To develop and promote program of physical education and sports/games in Educational Institutions and other organizations.
- To provide for instructions and training in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
- To do all such other acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to further the objectives of the Institute.
The powers and functions of the college are as under:-
- To provide fellowships/scholarships for raising academic standards and research.
- To admit students from all over India and foreign countries.
- To provide opportunities to the students of the institute to participate in the tournaments and competitions and established with National and International Federations, Indian Olympic Association and Association of Indian Universities.
- To provide opportunities to staff and students to participate in national and international seminars, conferences, clinics, workshops, special talks and also encourage inter faculty exchange programs.
- To have liaison/membership with various International professional organizations/bodies.
- To confer degrees and to grant Diplomas and or Certificates to persons who have satisfactorily completed the approved courses of study and/or research as may be prescribed and shall have passed the prescribed examinations as per the affiliating University and NCTE rules
- To receive grants, subscriptions and donations for the purposes of the Institute, provided that no subscriptions or donations shall be accepted if they are accompanied by conditions inconsistent or in conflict with the satisfactory running of the Institute.
- To conduct the examinations, to prescribe courses of study and to demand and receive such fees as may be prescribed by the regulations.
- To supervise the residence, progress, health and discipline of the students.
- To start any new course/research program/diploma/ program and discontinue any course/training program.
- To delegate all or any of its powers to the Principal of the Institute or to any committee or any sub-committee or to any one or more members of its body or its officers.
- To make such rules and by-laws as they may from time to time consider to be necessary for regulating the management of the Institute.
- To act as an Advisory Body to the Government and National Organizations, State Governments etc. on all matters related to Physical Education and Sports
- Promotion and development of traditional and modern games, sports and Yoga by providing necessary facilities and infrastructure on a large scale and by inculcating sports consciousness among the masses so that by their regular participation in these activities, the nation is made healthy, fit and strong.
- Provision of sports and physical fitness facilities for mass participation
- Provision of training, coaching and other back-up to high level elite sports persons for achieving success in their national and international events.
- To provide professional leadership to physical education colleges for organizing short-term specialized courses and on other matters of professional nature.
(ii) THE POWERS AND DUTIES OF ITS OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
The President of the Governing Body/ Board of Management is the President of the Institute and is the Head of the Institute, and when present, presides over the Convocations of the Institute. Patron is an honorary president. Where power is conferred upon the President to nominate persons to authorities, the President shall to the extent necessary nominate persons to represent the various interests for the furtherance of the objects of the Institute.
- Principal is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute and exercises general supervision or control over the affairs of the Institute and implements the decisions of all the authorities of the Institute.
- if he/she is of the opinion that immediate action is called for on any matter, exercise any power conferred upon any authority of the Institute under the Memorandum of the Association and the Rules and Regulations/By-laws, take such action or proceed to take such action and shall report to the concerned authority on the action taken by him on such matters provided that if the authority concerned as mentioned in clause.
- above is of the opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, may refer the matter to the Governing Body whose decision shall be final provided that if any person in the service of the Institute is aggrieved by the action taken by the Principal under the said clause, he shall have the right to appeal against such action to the Board of Management within thirty days from the date on which such action is communicated to him and thereupon the Board of Management may confirm, modify or reverse the action taken by the Principal.
- The Principal unless otherwise provided, is the ex-officio member of Governing Body, Chairman of the Academic Council, Finance Committee, Student Affairs committee, Technical committee and any other committee.
- It is the duty of the Principal to ensure that the Memorandum of Association Rules, by-laws and Regulations of the Institute are duly observed and implemented.
- The Principal exercises general control over the affairs of the Institute and is responsible for implementation of the decision of the various authorities of the Institute.
- All powers relating to the proper maintenance and discipline of the institute are vested in the Principal.
- Principal exercises such other powers and performs such other functions as may be prescribed by the Rules and Bye-laws and Regulations.
- Principal exercises all other powers as may be delegated to him by the Board of Management.
- Principal is empowered to re-delegate some of his powers to any of his subordinate officers with the concurrence and approval of the Board of Management.
- Principal is empowered to convene or cause or cause to be convened meetings of the various bodies of the Institute.
(C) Head of Department (HOD):
- There is a Head of the Department for each of the Department in the Institute who is appointed by the Principal after the approval from the Governing Body.
- The term of appointment of the Head of the Department is normally three years and he/she is eligible for re-appointment for one more term.
- The Powers and functions of the Head of Department are prescribed by the By-laws of the Institute.
- Librarian is responsible for the custody of books, manuscripts, periodicals etc. belonging to the Library and maintains a complete register and index.
- Purchase of books and journals for the library is recommended by the Library Committee for approval by the Principal.
- Rules for the management of the Library shall be framed from time to time, as may be found necessary by the Library Committee appointed by the Principal to be responsible for the proper functioning of the Library.
- Stock taking: Librarian takes stock every year of all the books in the Library, Library Committee may assign personnel to check the report.
- Librarian has also been designated as Records Officer of the Institute under the provisions of Public Records Act 1993 Act.
(G) Other Officers and Officials:
- The duties of other officers and officials are as prescribed by the Principal as the case may be. They work under the control of the Principal in accordance with the instructions issued by him from time to time.
- THE PROCEDURE FOLLOWED IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS,INCLUDING CHANNELS OF SUPERVISION AND ACCOUNTABILITY.
- THE NORMS SET BY IT FOR THE DISCHARGE OF IT’S FUNCTIONS
- THE RULES, REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS, MANUALS AND RECORDS, HELD BY IT OR UNDER ITS CONTROL OR USED BY ITS EMPLOYEES FOR DISCHARGING ITS FUNCTIONS
The Principal is the chief executive officer and responsible for the day to day management of the activities of the Institute as well as overall administration in accordance with the Rules and By-laws and other instructions issued by the Board of Management from time to time. He takes all the decisions relating to finance and administration. The Principal is the executive head and the chief functionary of the Institute. For administrative as well as academic activities, the channels of reporting are as follows:
HODs/Faculty Members – Principal – President
Heads of each section namely HODs/Assistants and other functionaries, as the case may be, submit proposals relating to their sections/assigned duties to Principal for consideration, decision and/or sanction.
The following rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records are held by the Institute, which are used by its employees for discharging its functions:
- Memorandum of Association of the trust and educational society.
- Delegation of Powers to the Principal by the Board of Management;
- Decisions of various authorities of the Institute and their sub-committees in their meetings or through resolutions by circulations, as the case may be; and
- Standard Operating Procedures as laid down from time to time.
- A STATEMENT OF THE CATEGORIES OF DOCUMENTS THAT ARE HELD BY IT OR UNDER ITS CONTROL.
The following documents are held by the Institute:
- Memorandum of Association of the trust/society;
- MMR.co.in By-laws and Conditions of Service Regulations, Rules;
- General and Disciplinary rules.
- Delegation of Powers made by Board of Management to the Principal;
- Agenda and minutes of various authorities of the Institute and their subcommittees in their meetings or through resolutions, as the case may be;
- Certified Annual Accounts, Annual Reports;
- Audited Annual Accounts;
- Files and documents pertaining to budgetary allocations and grants;
- Personnel records, leave records, pension records etc.;
- Pay details of staff;
- Various authorities’ meeting records, including minutes of meetings;
- Files and documents related to admissions in various courses;
- Files and documents related to registration of candidates/students, research scholars;
- ) Files and documents related to conduct of examinations;
- Files and documents related to results of examinations;
- Files and documents related to research scholars;
- Files and documents related to procurement and distribution of materials/capital assets;
- Files and documents related to constructions, renovations and extensions of existing constructions;
- Pay Bill Registers;
- A Statement Of The Board, Committees And Other Bodies Consisting Of Two Or More Persons Constituted As Its Part Or For The Purpose Of Its Advice, And As To Whether Meetings Of Those Boards, Councils,Committees And Other Bodies Are Open To The Public, Or The Minutes Of Such Meetings Are Accessible For Public.
Minutes of meetings of these Authorities are open/accessible to the public:-
- Board of Management/Governing Body
- Academic Committee
- Finance Committee
- Technical committee
- Student Affairs committee and any other committee
For appointment on the posts of Professors, Readers & Lecturers, Staff – Principal in consultation
with Board of Management can appoint professors, lecturers, trainers etc
- DIRECTORY OF ITS OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
- DETAILS IN RESPECT OF THE INFORMATION, AVAILABLE TO OR HELD BY IT, REDUCED IN AN ELECTRONIC FORM – following records are available in electronic form:
- Memorandum of Association of Muscu anantha reddy charitable trust/society
- By-laws and Conditions of Service Regulations
- General and disciplinary rules
- of information and more will be available in the future.
website of www.mmr.co.in gives complete and exhaustive details of all our academic activities.