HOME / ABOUT US / Founder & Patron
FOUNDER & PATRON
Dr Muscu Madhusudan Reddy was born in Thangedpally village located in Choutuppal mandal, Nalgonda district, erstwhile Andhra Pradesh. He left for the USA in 1970 after completing his medical education in Hyderabad, India. He is a sports enthusiast and participated in the Republic Day Parade in New Delhi as an NCC cadet representing the state in 1959. Dr Reddy has been passionate about sports since his childhood. He is also grateful in giving something back to his motherland. With these two things in mind, he set up “Muscu Anantha Reddy Charitable Trust” in his grandfather’s name so that he could develop and build the sports complex in the land where he spent his childhood for the benefit of the community. Dr Reddy strongly believes that sports promote a sense of adventure, character, discipline, team work irrespective of caste, colour or creed. Sports ensure that our future citizens remain healthy in body, mind and spirit.
Dr MMR College of Physical Education was established to promote these goals and is located in the land owned by the trust (MMR Sports Complex). This 36 plus acres of land has been owned by the family of Dr Muscu Madhusudan Reddy for many generations. Dr Reddy acquired additional land using his own funds and then developed the site and built a two storey building. Some more funds were contributed by his nephew, Muscu Ananatham, NRI. Trust activities include building and supporting village schools, helping the poor and destitute, scholarships to the students, supporting temples among others. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the Outgoing Trustees, MMR Sports Complex took its present shape.
Dr Reddy also formed an international wing of Reddy Jana Sangam Foundation in the USA and contributed personally and raised money for the foundation tirelessly for the promotion of education of poor students. He continues to be the Chairman of Trust.